Turmeric is famous for powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antibacterial properties. Fresh turmeric is healthy and Sweet, sour and spicy fresh turmeric and ginger pickle is healthy and tasty. It is easy to make with few ingredients. Fresh turmeric and ginger pickle can be served during winter season and rainy season. It builds immune system and fights cough and cold.
Sweet Sour Turmeric Ginger pickle
Turmeric (ताज़ी हल्दी)
1/4 tsp pink himalayn salt (सेंदा नमक)
¼ tsp Black pepper powder (काली मिर्च पाउडर)
2 tbsp Jaggery (गुड़)
1 tbsp Lemon Juice (नींबू का रस)
- Soak turmeric and ginger in water for 30 minutes after cleaning nicely.Peel off the turemeric and ginger skin.Dry on kitchen towelGrate turmeric and gingerAdd pink himalayan salt, Jaggery, black pepper, lemon juice to grated turmeric and ginger.Mix well and keep aside for 30 minutesJaggery will melt and all the juices will ooze out. ‘Fresh turmeric ginger with tangy lemon juice taste, sweetness of jaggery, spicy balck pepper tastes so good.
- Soak ginger turmeric in water for 30 minutes to loosen all the dirt.
- Peel off the skin using vegetable peeler or you can use spoon to peel off the skin. When you use spoon the skin which comes off is very thin,
- make sure ginger and turmeric is dry so pickle can be saved for a longer time.
- If there is any water then pickle will be spoiled.