On a lay day I enjoy simple yet yummy meal plain hot rice with tomato saar tomato curry with crispy spicy Eggplant . You can adjust the spices for kids. Sometimes I like to have this curry as soup (sounds funny) but it tastes good with some bread on side and nice book to read on a beautiful day.
No Onion No garlic Tomato Saar with coconut milk
- 4 medium Tomatoes (टमाटर)
- 1/2 cup Coconut (नारियल) or 1 Cup Coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds (जीरा)
- 2 Green chillies (हरी मिर्च)
- 1 tsp Jaggery (गुड़)
- 1 tsp Ghee or Oil (घी, तेल)
- Salt (नमक)
- Clean the tomatoes and chop them roughly.
- Blend together coconut and tomatoes using some water. If you do not have coconut then you can replace it with coconut milk.
- Take oil or ghee in a pan. Add Cumin seeds and green chills.
- Once Cumin seeds crackle add tomato coconut puree to the Pan.
- Add salt, Jaggery and water to adjust the consistency.
- Bring to boil and serve with Hot rice or khichdi.