12-15 Spinach (Palak) leaves, medium sized 12-15 पालक पत्तियां
½ cup Besan (gram flour) आधा कप बेसन
Pinch of asafetida चुटकी भर हींग
¼ teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds) ¼ चम्मच अजवाइन
¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder ¼ च म्मच हल्दी पाउडर
½ teaspoon Red chili powder आधा चम्मच लाल मिर्च पाउडर
Salt to taste नमक स्वाद अनुसार
pinch of bakng soda चुटकी भर बेकिंग सोडा
1/3 cup Water or more or less 1/3 कप पानी या अधिक या कम
Oil for deep frying
How to make Spinach palak pakoras
• take spinach leaves, remove the hard stalk. If you take baby spinach then you don’t need to remove the stalk.
• Rinse them well carefully. Pat it dry using kitchen towel or paper napkin.
• Keep the cleaned, dry spinach leaves aside.
• To make the batter, take besan, salt, ajwain, baking soda, asafetida, turmeric powder, red chili powder in a bowl. Mix well.
• Now make the batter by adding little water at a time, make sure there are no lumps.
• The consistency should be medium thick. Use water as needed.
• Now heat the oil in a pan for deep frying on medium heat.
• Once it is hot, take one spinach leaf, dip into the batter. It should be coated from all the sides.
• After dipping spinach leaf into batter and coating immediately slide the coated spinach elaf into hot oil.
• Once fried from one side, flip it and fry another side. It should be crispy from both the sides.
• Drain the excess oil and remove them on a paper towel lined plate.
• Serve with tomato sauce or chutney.