Tofu stir fry is easy to make and left over can be added to wraps, rice or to the salad. You can add vegetables of your choice like zucchini, carrots, beans, etc. Sauce can be adjusted as per your taste. I like to cook tofu on iron pan to make it more healthier. The taste is different when you cook using iron pan.
Bell Pepper also called sweet peppers or capsicums, bell peppers can be eaten either raw or cooked. They are low in calories and exceptionally rich in vitamin C and other antioxidants, making them an excellent addition to a healthy diet. Bell peppers come in various colors, such as red, yellow, orange, and green. Every colored bell pepper has diferent level of nutriton as per color.
Tofu, also known as bean curd. It is solid white blocks of varying softness; it can be silken, soft, firm, or extra firm. You can use the type of the tofu as per the recipe need. Sweet Sour tofu requires firm tofu. It has a subtle flavor, so it can be used in savory and sweet dishes. It is often seasoned or marinated to suit the dish and its flavors, and due to its spongy texture it absorbs flavors well.
Sweet Sour tofu with bell pepper
- 1 Block Firm Tofu (टोफू)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp Oil (तेल)
- Salt (नमक)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Soya Sauce (सोया सॉस)
- 1-2 tbsp Spicy Chilli Sauce (लाल तीखा सॉस)
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar (ब्राउन शुगर)
- 1 tsp Chopped Ginger (अदरक)
- 1 Cup Chopped Capsicum (शिमला मिर्च)
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil (तिल का तेल)
- Take the tofu out by discarding liquid.
- Place the tofu in between paper napkin or kitchen towel.
- Place a heavy weight on tofu to squeeze out all water. make sure tofu is kept in deep tray so water dripping out of gets collected in the tray.
- Keep tofu under weight for 30 minutes
- Pat dry tofu and cut into big slices medium size.
- Keep pan on medium heat, add oil.
- Place tofu slices on pan and fry on each side for 2-3 minutes. Add salt
- Take out on paper napkin to drip extra oil.
- Slice tofu into cubes of desired size.
- In the same pan add chopped ginger saute for 1 minute.
- Add chopped bell pepper and saute on low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- When Bell pepper is crunchy add tofu slices.
- Mix together Vinegar, soya sauce, spicy shilli sauce, brown sugar and keep the sauce ready by mixing well.
- After adding tofu slices add sauce and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- You can add 2 tbsp water of it is too dry.
- Drizzle sesame oil and saute for another 1 minute.
- Serve with rice or by itself.
- Adjsut the spices as per taste.