1 NS: .Tell us something about you and shilpsnutrilife?
Shilpa Mittal: l did my masters in food science and nutrition from SNDT and is a merit rank holder.
Founder of Shilpsnutrilife, Diet and lifestyle makeover, is total and practical health solution for lifetime.
I am skilled professional with more than 16 years of experience, have 2 clinics one at Kandivali and Borivali, Mumbai. I also do online consultation.
I have an android app “shilpsnutrilife” through which one can request a diet plan, check the current health status and keep themselves updated with health and nutrition related posts through nutrifeed.
I have clients from all across the globe and have catered to More than 5000 clients.
My Expertise include
- Individual Diet Consultation
- Writing Articles
- Menu Planning For Corporate
- Health Workshops
- Diet Planning For Health Disorders like Diabetes, High B.P, Thyroid, Cardiac Disorder, Kidney Disorders, Liver Disorders, Anemia, Gout, Weight Management, weight loss, weight gain, PCOD, pregnancy, kids health. -Nutrition Awareness Programs for schools, colleges, offices, general population at large of different age groups etc. Done through Nutrition pep Talk, Presentations, games and activities.
- Kids workshop
- Online diet charts:-online food charts, dietary advise and guidelines based on the client history
- Kitchen makeovers
- Grocery shopping
2. NS: What is your health mantra?
Shilpa Mittal: EAT HEALTHY STAY HEALTHY
“Give a person food,
Feed him for a day,
Teach him about food,
Help him stay healthy for rest of his life.”
This is what we at shilpsnutrilife do….aiming to create a healthy nation.
Focus on being healthy rest is automatically taken care of.
3. NS: What every woman should keep in mind while planning a meal for the family?
• Schedule time each week to plan a healthy weekly or daily menu, this helps in shopping healthier groceries and also preparing healthier meals.
• Choose whole grains like whole wheat, jowar, bajra.
• Limit the use of visible fat and salt especially while cooking.
• Read the labels of packaged foods.
• Cook at home more often.
• Keep high calorie food, sweets, farsan out of sight; instead keep your pantry and fridge stocked with healthy foods that are lower in sodium and fat.
• Allow each family member to choose the menu on a regular rotation. Encourage healthy habits by getting your children involved. Ask them to choose a favorite meal. Encourage your family to try a new food or recipe every now and then.
• Use healthier cooking methods like roasting, baking, pressure cooking.
• Eat dinner as a family whenever possible.
• Last but not the least keep in mind the health condition if any of the family members.
4. NS: Any diet tips for women’s health and beauty.
• Give yourself priority. …The 1st and foremost
• Do not skip breakfast due to lack of time or for that matter any meal of the day.
• Hydrate well.
• Do not remain hungry for long periods especially after waking up in the morning milk, channa, fruits.
• Have a few nuts like almonds and walnuts.
• Include greens in your diet 4-5 times a week like have coriander paratha or palak chutney.
• Have a glass of milk every day.
• Have a tsp of alsi (Flaxseeds) powder every day.
• Eat 2-3 seasonal fruits a day.
• Go in for an annual health checkup.
• Exercise or go for walks even if 10 -10 mins is fine.
5. NS: What advice would you give to people willing to start a healthier lifestyle?
Shilpa Mittal: A better tomorrow starts today. Eat well Move more Live longer…don’t give up the beginning is always the hardest.
Don’t go a diet, let it grow on you accept it as a lifestyle, enjoy it.
6. NS: How can people reach you for consultations?
Shilpa Mittal: Through my website www.shilpsnutrilife.com
Or mail me at email@example.com
Or through my FB page https://www.facebook.com/shilpsnutrilife
Or through my android app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d…hilpsnutrilife
Cuisine: south Indian
Book: ‘The Power of Positive Thinking’ by Norman Vincent Peale
Music: Ghazals by Jagjit Singh
–Interviewed by Laxmi Khalap Bhatt, Editor, www.narisakhi.com
If you would like to be featured under NariSakhi Women Empowerment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org