Pakoras are everyones favorite but if you can enjoy pakoras with less oil. You can make with any vegetables of your choice. Bell pepper and mushroom is one of my favorite combination. You can serve this as a side dish or an appetizer. You can make bigger size for brunch or breakfast.
Mushroom Bell Pepper Fritters
- 1 Capsicum Bell pepper (शिमला मिर्च)
- 1 Cup Chopped Mushrooms (मशरूम)
- Handful Cilantro (धनिया)
- 3/4 Cup Besan Chick Pea Flour (बेसन)
- 2 tbsp Rice flour (चावल का आटा)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin Powder (जीरा पाउडर)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder (हल्दी पाउडर)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder (काली मिर्चपाउडर)
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder (लाल मिर्च)
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice (नींबू का रस)
- 1/4 tsp Pink himalayan salt (सेंदा नमक)
- Salt (नमक)
- Clean and chop capsicum bell pepper and mushroom into small pieces. You can also add capsicum and mushroom to the food processor and chop them.
- Mix together capsicum, mushroom cilantro, all the spices, salt and add chick pea flour and rice flour.
- Mix well by adding little water at a time. Consistency of the batter should be like a pancake batter.
- Heat a pan and add oil and start spreading batter little at a time with big spoon and spread little bit. You can make this fritters of any sizes.
- Cover and cook pakora for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Flip and cook on other side. Add oil if needed.
- This can be served with chutney, sauce, etc.