Raw mangoes sour taste and nutritional value makes it perfect summer food. In summer time kitchen is busy with making of Jams, pickles. One of the sweet spicy pickle made at my place is sweet spicy mango pickle which I enjoyed with roti and as a bread spread.
Sweet and Spicy Raw Mango Pickle
- 2 Raw Mangoes (कच्चे आम) =4 cups chopped mangoes
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt (नमक)
- 3 Cup Jaggery (गुड़)
- 1/4 cup Water (पानी)
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida (हिंग)
- 1 tsp Red Chillipowder (लाल मिर्च)
- 2-3 Green chilli (हरी मिर्च)
- 1/4 cup Chopped Ginger (अदरक)
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice (नींबू का रस)
- Clean raw mangoes, cut and discard the ends.
- Peel off the mango skin. You can use the mango skin in coconut chutney to replace tamarind or lemon juice.
- Chop raw mango into small pieces. Add salt and keep aside.
- Take a pan, add grated jaggery and 1/4 cup water. Bring to boil.
- Add green chilli, asafoetida, ginger, red chilli powder. Bring to boil.
- Add chopped raw mangoes to the jaggery mix.
- Cook on low medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until raw mangoes are cooked.
- Add lemon juice. After adding lemon juice simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Let it cool down completely and store in an airtight container.
- It can be stored outside at room temperature for 2 months. or can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 months.
- Sweet Sour Spicy mango pickle can be served with rice and curry or as a spread on bread or roti.