Poha spinach cutlets are healthy and easy to make. Quick Lunch box or breakfast recipe for kids. You can use vegetables of your choice. Make it ahead of time, freeze it and than bake or shallow fry as and when you need.
Flattened rice (पोहा) – 1.5 cup
Spinach (पालक)- 1 cup (finely chopped)
french beans (फ्रेंच बीन्स) 1/4 cup finely chopped
Boiled Potatoes (उबले हुए आलू) – 4 about 3/4 cup)
Green Coriander (हरा धनिया) – 2 to 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
Grated ginger (अदरक) – 1 tsp
Green chili (हरी मिर्च) – 2 to 3 (finely chopped)
Red Chili Powder (लाल मिर्च पाउडर) – ¼ tsp
Turmeric Powder (हल्दी पाउडर) – ¼ tsp
cumin seed powder ( जीरा पाउडर) 1 tsp
Coriander powder (धनिया पाउडर) – 1 tsp
Salt (नमक) – 1 tsp or to taste
Oil (तेल)- for frying
lemon juice (नींबू का रस)1 tsp
1. Take 1.5 cup poha. Wash it, drain out water. Leave very little water in the bowl so that the poha is soft. Keep aside for 5 minutes. Stir the poha once.If poha is thick poha then keep little bit extra water in poha and keep aside for 10 minutes.
2. Boil 4 medium sized potatoes, and peel them. Grate the potatoes.
3. Chop spinach, green chillies, ginger, cilantro leaves.
4. You can chop finely or steam any vegetables of your choice.
5. Mix poha, spinach and potatoes. Add spices such as 1 tsp grated ginger, 2 to 3 finely chopped green chili, ¼ tsp red chili powder, 1 tsp salt or to taste, 1 tsp coriander powder, , ¼ tsp turmeric powder, 2 to 3 tbsp finely chopped green coriander. Mix all ingredients well.
6. Once the dough for the cutlet is ready, grease your hands for making cutlet. Take out a little mixture and make a ball from it. Bind the mixture, press and give it a round shape then keep them out in a plate.
5. Take a pan and add little bit of oil and spread the oil on pan. Keep the gas medium.
Add cut. Put as many cutlet in the wok as nay fit it. Till the cutlet to the pan and let it fry on one side for 2-3 minutes.
6. Flip and shallow fry on other side until golden brown from all sides.
You can flip on first side and make it golden brown on both sides.
Serve these scrumptious Poha Palak cutlet with green coriander chutney, tomato sauce, or any chutney of your choice.
*** You can also bake cutlets.
avoid deep frying as poha, cooked rice tend to absorb lots of oil when deep frying.