12-15 Spinach (Palak) leaves, medium sized 12-15 पालक पत्तियां
½ cup Besan (gram flour) आधा कप बेसन
Pinch of asafetida चुटकी भर हींग
¼ teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds) ¼ चम्मच अजवाइन
¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder ¼ च म्मच हल्दी पाउडर
½ teaspoon Red chili powder आधा चम्मच लाल मिर्च पाउडर
Salt to taste नमक स्वाद अनुसार
pinch of bakng soda चुटकी भर बेकिंग सोडा
1/3 cup Water or more or less 1/3 कप पानी या अधिक या कम
Oil for deep frying
How to make Spinach palak pakoras Method
• take spinach leaves, remove the hard stalk. If you take baby spinach then you don’t need to remove the stalk.
• Rinse them well carefully. Pat it dry using kitchen towel or paper napkin.
• Keep the cleaned, dry spinach leaves aside.
• To make the batter, take besan, salt, ajwain, baking soda, asafetida, turmeric powder, red chili powder in a bowl. Mix well.
• Now make the batter by adding little water at a time, make sure there are no lumps.
• The consistency should be medium thick. Use water as needed.
• Now heat the oil in a pan for deep frying on medium heat.
• Once it is hot, take one spinach leaf, dip into the batter. It should be coated from all the sides.
• After dipping spinach leaf into batter and coating immediately slide the coated spinach elaf into hot oil.
• Once fried from one side, flip it and fry another side. It should be crispy from both the sides.
• Drain the excess oil and remove them on a paper towel lined plate.
• Serve with tomato sauce or chutney.
Introducing new food to the baby can be challenging,Here are few tips to introduce new food to the babies.
1. Introduce one new food at a time.
If you are introducing multiple food then you dont know whether child is allergic to any food if theere are any allergic reactions.
2. keep a gap of 3-4 days between offering new food.
When you wait four to five days between offering new foods, it’s easier to spot allergic reactions like diarrhea, vomiting, or rash — though most symptoms appear within four hours of eating. Do not introduce more than one new food at one time because if your baby is allergic to any food, it is difficult to figure out.
3. Try, Try Again
Don’t ditch a new food if your baby does not like it after tasting it. Babies may need to try a food few times before accepting it, so offer it again several days later or mix it with something you know your baby likes.
Your baby may prefer a thinner or thicker puree. Or he may prefer to skip the purees altogether. Try different texture puree. As they grow they may like a different texture.
5. Healthy food.
Start the habit of healthy food which will go a long way. Introduce fruits and vegetables.
6. Mix and Match.
Babies may not like any fruit or vegetable. Try combining it with food of their choice. You can also mix rice , lentils, oats with fruits and vegetables.
7. Always choose seasonal fruits and vegetables.
8. Every baby is different.
1/4 tsp Cumin seed powder जीरा पाउडर
1 tsp Butter मक्खन
take carrots and tomato in equal quantity and handful of spinach leaves.
Keep the water for boiling.
Add Carrots and cook for 5-7 minutes .
Add Tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Cool down and blend.
Add Butter or Ghee to the pan and keep the flame on low.
Add Cumin seed powder.
Add the blended soup mixture to the pan.
Boil for 2 minutes, cool down and serve.
Add salt and black pepper as per your child’s age.
Iron rich Spinach moong masoor dal khichdi
1 tbsp red lentil (मसूर दाल )
1 tbsp Moong dal (मूंग दाल )
4 tbsp Rice (चावल)
1/4 tsp cumin seeds ( जीरा)
handful of spinach (पालक)
Salt as per taste (नमक )
pinch of turmeric powder (हल्दी)
Boil 3 cups of water
Add red lentil, moong dal, cumin seeds and rice to hot water
Cook on medium heat untl dal and rice is completely cooked.
Add Salt as per taste and pinch of turmeric.
Once it is cooked add chopped spinach.
After adding spinach cook for another 5-7 minutes.
Put off the gas stove and let is sit covered for another 10 minutes.
Depending on your age of your child you can adjust the consistency.
You can also blend it for babies.
Healthy smoothie with strawberry, Orange- vitamin c, banana-potassium, Dates- iron, walnuts, flaxseeds- omega 3, Almonds- Vitamin E, Yogurt- calcium and vitamin B12. Smoothie has all healthy ingredients and quick to make. You can also add blueberries or any other kinds of fruits you like.
Banana Berry Smoothie
Berry banana smoothie is healthy smoothie and can be made within few minutes. It is loaded with VItamin A, C, Iron, anti oxidants, etc.
4 strawberries 4 स्ट्रॉबेरी
1/4 cup blueberries 1/4 कप ब्लूबेरी
1 small banana 1 छोटा केला
1 Date 1खजूर
4 Almonds 4 बादाम
1/4 tsp Cinnamon 1/4 चम्मच
1/4 tsp Flax seeds 1/4 चम्मच अलसी
1/4 cup Milk( Soy, Almond, coconut
1/4 कप दूध (सोया, बादाम, नारियल या
Clean strawberries, blueberries and peel banana skin.
Remove green part from strawberry.
Add all the ingredients above to the blender.
Blend well and serve.
*If you are using almond milk then do not add almonds.