In February, 2012 three intelligent women Gayathri, Ishita and Subhashini came together and gave birth to Ezcookbook. They are stay at home mums based at Singapore. They confess “We are not experts like chefs but one among you; with love, patience, innovations made us more creative which took us to this new world ezcookbook.”
As name says EZcookbook want to cater homemakers /newbies who are struggling to cook in kitchen with fuss-free meals by following easy and simple version of writing.
Gayatri, Ishita and Subhashini
“We three of us belong to India with an IT educational background. Food blog writing helps us in exploring new cuisines. WeRSahm (We are stay at home mums) – that’s how we describe us and never disclose our names in any of our post. Cooking is no more mundane activity at ezcookbook. Explore and experience ezcookbook at you fingertip.”
Let us find out more about Ezcookbook from intelligent trios.
1. NS: How is your blog different from other food blogs?
EZcookbook: Yes we are different because we are 3 in 1. 3 friends, 6 hands, 3 hearts, 3 brains and 3 kitchens. When they all meet at one place with one goal at Ezcookbook, it results into non-stop and versatile blog. Each of us has different expertise in cooking as well as in technology which needs in food blogging. (I.e. each of us has individuality in cooking, photography, marketing, and technology). This way we all learn from each other, execute it to make our blog versatile.
Our blog never stops even if we are on vacation having fun with family or in bed taking rest when sick or busy with kids and guests. Other members are always working on it to keep it going. Within this one year we achieved 1000+ friends, 300+ fan followers and a collection of our very own 450+ recipes.
2. NS: Do you have difference of opinion when working together and how do you resolve it?
EZcookbook: Yes many times we have difference in opinion, but we have one same goal which is betterment of ezcookbook. Constant communication is our key to resolve this problem. From the beginning each of us have a proper schedule to post recipe and we also generate a query list which should be discussed with each other. Once in a week we meet over personally or virtually through conference and discuss them. Even though we have differences in mind we respect each other’s ideas and opinions with open mind. Finally we conclude on decision which is best to improve our blog.
3. NS: What are few qualities needed to be successful blogger?
EZcookbook: Deep interest, passion and basic knowledge for particular subject to start the blog. Patience and consistency to keep it going. Good writing as well as good reading skills to learn and improvise your skill and knowledge for the same subject. Most important thing before publishing a post is to read the content carefully not as an author but as a reader.
4. NS: Which is your favourite cuisine and why?EZcookbook: One of the complicated Questions to answer: We three have different taste buds and likes but on the whole we vote for Indian cuisine as it is simply divine to soul. Since we are born and brought up in India and been grown up looking at Amma’s cooking and tasting the excellent aroma of wide variety of Indian food, which is why our blog has maximum number of Indian recipes. We also love other cuisine which we try occasionally.
5. Do you think technical know-how is needed to be a successful blogger?
EZcookbook: When we started our blog we didn’t know even ABC’s of blogging. But we were keen to learn and execute new things which helped us to grow further. We gained more experience, more confidence and we are still learning everyday taking it as a journey. The secret answer to all new blogger buddies is everything is available via internet whatever you want, just keep your mind open, learn it, adapt it and implement it in your style without copying others.
6. NS: Any tips on cooking for Sakhis.
EZcookbook: It gratifies us to answer this question and this is what we share in our profile too…. “The torch of Love, lit in the kitchen….One and only tip for cooking is Cook from your heart not only with your hands.
7. NS: Do you ever get stuck when writing an entry? What do you do then?
EZcookbook: Most of the entries are recipes which we have already tried and tested. So we never get stuck to write recipes but a few times we get stuck to write basic information of particular recipe or get confused with ingredients names in different language or sometimes working on a food image. First we talk to each other or verify it through internet.
8. NS: Do you promote your blog? What promotional techniques work best for you and why?
EZcookbook: We use social media like Facebook, twitter, Google plus to create visibility and promote our site. Apart from social media we use food blogs community. Because without any medium of communication we can’t step in to success.
9. NS: How important is it for the blogger to interact with their readers? Do you respond to all the comments that you receive?
EZcookbook: We are writing blog to serve our readers, so yes it is very important to interact with them to know what they are expecting from us. We have 2 kinds of readers. Our fan followers and our colleagues/friends who also write blog. Fan followers’ comments seeking guidance and friends comments to motivate and encourage us. We respond all of them by providing guidance to our fans and commenting back to our friend’s blog to encourage and motivate them.
10. NS: What do you find to be the most gratifying aspect of blogging?
EZcookbook: This is just amazing. It gives immense confidence and satisfaction to us. It motivates us to think big, engage us all the time to reborn/ boom with new ideas. In short it provides us all the required nutrition and exercise to our mind and soul. Most gratifying aspect is many avails experience in cooking through us.
11. Please share your favourite recipe.
Favourite Recipe – Green Peas Dhokla.
Green peas Dhokla is a healthy and greeny version of very popular traditional Gujarati Dhokla. It is quite different from regular khaman dhokla with added green peas to give a unique flavour and taste. Dhokla – very light, tasty and healthy food. A perfect steam food for healthy choice of evening snack. Make it more delicious and healthy with added nutrients using fresh methi/spinach leaves. A best way to make kids attract. Here’s a delicious, tempting recipe that can be made within no time and can be served as nutritious snack to your kids or your guests.
Preparation & cooking Time: 30 Minutes
YIELD: 2 plates
Besan – 1 cup
Sooji – 1/2 cup
Green peas – 1 cup (frozen)
Salt as per taste
Sugar – 1 tbsp.
Lemon Juice- 2 tbsp.
Ginger garlic chili paste – 1 tbsp.
Fruit salt (Eno) – 1/2 tsp.
Oil – 2 tbsp.
Curry leaves – 8-10 leaves
Mustard seeds – 2 tsp.
Sesame seeds – 1 tsp.
Green Chili – 2 nos chopped
Grated Coconut – 1 tbsp. for garnishing
Coriander 2 springs finely chopped for garnishing
1. Soak green peas in boiling water for 5 minutes and grind into a fine thin paste in a mixer. Add little water if required.
2. In a large mixing bowl mix besan, sooji, green peas paste, sugar, salt, ginger garlic chili paste and prepare a thick batter. Add water to adjust pouring consistency of batter.
3. Add 2 -3 cups of water in steamer and switch on the gas. (I used my pressure cooker as steamer without its pressure valve).
4. Take half batter in another bowl and add one pinch of fruit salt and half lemon juice in it. Mix well.
5. Pour this batter in greased steamer vessel/pan.
6. Steam it for 10-15 minutes. Check it with toothpick to do done test. If not done cook more for 3-5 minutes. Once done well take out from steamer and allow it to cool down for 5 minutes.
7. Cut it in square or diamond shape.
8. Repeat step no 4-7 for another plate.
9. Now season it with the ingredients given for seasoning. Spread the seasoning all over the pieces.
10. Sprinkle grated coconut and coriander to garnish.
11. Delicious Green pea’s dhokla is ready to serve. Serve hot with green chutney and garlic chutney.
• If you wish you can cook them in microwave.
• You can use spinach and methi paste as a new variation of Dhokla.
For more mouth watering recipes and tips visit Ezcookbook
————————————-Interviewed by Laxmi Khalap Bhatt, Editor, www.narisakhi.com
If you or anyone you know would like to to get their profiles published please email us brief introduction to email@example.com