Moringa Drumstick Fresh pods and seeds are an excellent source of oleic acid, a health-benefiting monounsaturated fat. Moringa pods, moringa leaves are healthy. Check out moringa drumstick recipes Fresh moringa (drumstick) pods and leaves are an excellent sources of vitamin-C. The greens as well as pods also contain good amounts of many vital B-complex vitamins such as folates, vitamin-B6 (pyridoxine), thiamin (vitamin B-1), riboflavin, pantothenic acid, and niacin. Moringa pods can be used in curry, vegetables, rice, zhunka and so many dishes. It is healthy and yummy.
Drumstick Moringa Tomato Curry
- 1 tsp Oil (तेल)
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida (हिंग)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder (हल्दी पाउडर)
- 5-6 Curry Leaves (कढीपत्ता)
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder (लाल मिर्च)
- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin Coriander powder (जीरा धनिया पाउडर)
- 3-4 Moringa Pods (सहजन)
- 1 Cup Chopped Tomatoes (टमाटर)
- 1 Green chillis (हरी मिर्च)
- 1 inch Ginger (अदरक)
- Salt (नमक)
- Handful Cilantro (धनिया)
- Clean and Chop Moringa drumstick into 1 inch pieces.
- Blend together tomatoes, ginger and green chilli and keep aside.
- Take a pan, add oil. Add cumin seeds, once cumin seeds splutter add asafoetida, curry leaves. Add turmeric powder, cumin coriander powder, red chilli powder and mix well.
- Add chopped moringa pods and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 glasses of water, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Once moringa is half cooked add tomato paste and salt.
- Cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add chopped cilantro, let curry simmer until dry and serve with roti, rice.