- Sprouted moong: 1 cup
- Grated coconut fresh: 1 cup
- Dry Red chillies : 4
- Peppercorns: 6
- Dry coriander seeds: 1 ½ tsp.
- Turmeric powder: ¼ tsp.
- Jaggery: 1 tsp.
- Tamarind paste: 1tsp
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp.
- Asafoetida: ¼ tsp.
- Curry leaves: 5-6
- Salt to taste
• Rinse the sprouted moong in water to remove the loosened skins taking care not to break the sprouts.
• Boil the sprouted moong in 2-3 cups of water.
• As moong sprouts are cooking, the skin will come off and start floating in water which can be removed.
• Heat the oil in a pan and roast the red chillies, peppercorns and dry coriander seeds.
• Grind the grated coconut along with the turmeric powder, tamarind and roasted ingredients to a fine paste.
• Mix the ground paste with the cooked sprouted moong and cook on a low flame.
• Add jaggery, salt and continue cooking on a low flame for 5 mins.
• Heat the oil in a pan, splutter mustard seed, add hing, curry leaves, dry red chillies and pour the mixture onto the gravy.
• Serve with roti, or rice. It tastes good with dosa and idli also.