If you are vegan or have lactose allergy, you can still enjoy golden turmeric milk. With all the goodness of turmeric, cinnamon, black pepper and dry ginger powder. You can add sweetners of your choice. I have added Jaggery.. Coconut sugar, plam sugar is also a good option.
Cinnamon has powerful medicinal properties. It helps to control blood sugar. It has Antioxidants , Anti-Inflammatory Properties . It can be used in tea, curry. Cinnamon is used as a whole and also in the powder form. The taste is little bit spicy but aroma of cinnamon is very relaxing. Tea for cough and cold
Ginger has many medicinal properties. It has been used to help digestion, reduce nausea and help fight the flu and common cold, to name a few. It can act as anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger can be used to make curry, dessert, cough drops, tea. Dry ginger powder can also be used in tea, sweets. How to clean and store ginger roots
Turmeric has active compound curcumin have many scientifically-proven health benefits. it helps to prevent heart disease, Alzheimer’s and cancer. It’s a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant and may also help improve symptoms of depression and arthritis . Turmeric powder is easily available. Fresh turmeric roots are also used in many recipes. Turmeric Ginger sweet and sour pickel
Black Pepper is spicy in taste and has many medicianl properties. It has anti-oxidant, anti inflammatory properties. It has cancer fighting properties. It helps to cure cough and cold. It helps to loosen the mucous.
Vegan Turmeric milk
- 15-20 Almonds (बादाम) Soaked in water for 5-6 hours
- 2 glasses Water (पानी)
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper powder (काली मिर्च पाउडर)
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder (दालचीनी)
- 1/3 tsp Dry ginger powder (सुंठ)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder (हल्दी पाउडर)
- 1 tbsp Jaggery (गुड़) Optional
- Soak 15-20 almonds in water for 5-6 hours. Peel off the almond skin. (Soaking and peeling off the skin is healthier way to use almonds)
- Add all the ingredients almonds, Dry ginger powder , Turmeric powder, Cinnamon powder, Black pepper powder, Jaggery (optional) to the blender.
- Blend with little water initially and then eventually add rest of the water. Blending with little water helps the almonds to grind well.
- Add the puree to the sauce pan and heat on low flame for 3-4 minutes. Do not boil as almonds may curdle. Keep stirring continously.
- Serve warm.