Goan Crunchy Bhindi/Okra is a Goan recipe which is easy and quick side dish or can be served as an appetizer.
15 Okra/lady’s finger/bhindi
2 tsp chilly powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp roasted coriander seed powder
1 tsp roasted cumin seed/jeera powder
Few drops of lemon juice
¼ cup coarse rice powder/ Rawa/Semolina/Bread crumbs
Oil for shallow frying
- Wash and clean Okra and make them dry before you cut them to avoid stickiness.
- Cut into 3 inch long pieces. Apply salt, coriander seed powder, jeera powder, chilly powder and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Add few drops of lemon juice or tamarind paste 1/4 tsp to avoid stickiness and help marinate spices into okra.
- Heat griddle /frying pan and smear with a little oil. Roll okra slice into rice flour or rawa and arrange on griddle.
- Add 1 tsp and fry until light brown.
Turn the slices over add little more oil and fry till browned.
You can eat it with rice or as an appetizer with tea.