Khaproli fermented dosa is konkan healthy breakfast served with sweet coconut milk. It can be healthy breakfast or can be brunch on lazy days. It is healthy filled with proteins and iron. Perfect meal for lactating mothers to produce milk. Fenugreek, cumin seeds, coconut, jaggery is good for lactating mothers for producing milk. Urad dal and chana dal provides proteins.
Healthy meal for all ages. It is traditionally served with sweet coconut milk. But It cas also be served with curry, chutney, etc. Making this dosa requires preplanning as you require 5-6 hours to soak rice and dal, etc and 7-8 hours for fermentation.
Khaproli dosa with sweet coconut milk.
- 2 Cups Rice (चावल)
- 1/2 Cup Urad dal (उड़द दाल)
- 1/4 Cup Chana Dal (चना दाल)
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds (मेथी)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (जीरा)
- 1/2 Cup Flattened Rice (पोहा)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder (हल्दी पाउडर)
- Salt (नमक)
- Oil (तेल)
- 2 Cups Coconut (नारियल)
- 1/2 Cup Grated Jaggery (गुड़)
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom (इलायची)
- Clean rice, urad dal, chana dal for any stones or anything.
- Rinse Rice, Urad Dal, Chana Dal in water 2-3 times separately.
- Soak rice, urad dal, chana dal in water for 5-6 hours. Water should be 3 times the amount of rice and dal.
- Soak Fenugreek and Cumin seeds in filtered water for 5-6 hours.
- Once you are ready to grind rice and dal. Soak poha flattened rice for 10 minutes.
- Discard the water in which rice and dal is soaked.
- Blend everything with little water. Blend rice and dal seprately and then mix together.
- Add turmeric to the batter and mix well.
- Keep it in warm place for fermentation for 8-10 hours.
- After fermentation add salt to the batter and mix well.
- Heat the griddle on high heat,stir and pour the batter spreading on the griddle in a circular motion.(from center of the griddle ).
- Cover and cook dosa on medum heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. On first side it will take more time to cook.
- After flipping the dosa it will be cooked very quickly.
- Some people like to cook it on only one side.
- Continue to prepare dosas and server with Sweet Coconut milk
- Squeeze milk from the grated coconut. Add Jaggery and cinnamon powder. Mix well and keep aside for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve dosas with sweet coconut milk.