Jeyashri Suresh blogs at jeyashriskitchen.com. Jeyashri’s kitchen is a vegetarian food blog which has traditional South Indian recipes and North Indian recipes too. She has wonderful collection of eggless baking recipes. She is full time home maker and a mom of 2 sweet children’s and doing blogging as a pure passion.
1. NS: What are few qualities needed to be successful blogger?
Jeyashri: From my point I think, the recipes should be precise and clearly explained. The presentation of the recipe should be appealing to the eyes so that it will tempt the readers to try out the recipes.
2. NS: Who is your motivating force behind your success?
Jeyashri: My family is my first motivating force. My husband and kids will encourage me in all my endeavors. Second my readers are my biggest motivating force. Their mails, comments make me more responsible to perform well. Lastly my fellow bloggers, they always motivate me by their sweet comments and through personal messages too.
3. NS: Which is your favorite cuisine and why?
Jeyashri: I am a big fan of South Indian cuisine and a simple comforting fresh meal will satisfy me always.
4. NS: What motivated you to start blogging?
Jeyashri: My fellow blogger Rajeswari Vijayanand motivated me start blogging 4 years back.
5. NS: Which is one electronic item in the kitchen you think you can cook a meal ?
Jeyashri: Apart from the gas stove, I never any use any modern gadgets such as MW for cooking meal. But my mom makes so many yummy items using microwave including sambar, rasam, curry and rice.
6. NS: Do you ever get stuck when writing an entry? What do you do then?
Jeyashri: Yes, I do. During those times when I am stuck while writing a post, I sit for a 5 minutes in silence and then start. Sometimes I listen to my favorite music and then will start.
7. NS: How important is it for the blogger to interact with their readers? Do you interact with readers?
Jeyashri: Yes, It is very important for a blogger to interact with a reader and I do it. Though sometimes few days delay will be there, but I do respond to their mails.
8. According to you, what is the future of Blogging?
Jeyashri: Blogging has a fantastic future. It will be helpful for the future generation to try out more recipes and Internet is really a boon to youngsters nowadays. And it is a big channel to let everyone know about the traditional recipes. Now a days many people have smartphones and even laptops are kept in the kitchen and cooking is done on seeing the blogs.
————-Interviewed by Laxmi Khalap Bhatt, Editor, www.narisakhi.com