Moong bean sprouts are plant based proteins and full of nutrients. Sprouting checmical free sprouts at home is easy. Moong bean sprouts can be used in so many recipes, rice, stir fry, salad, etc.
Mung bean sprouts can be a healthy snack. It can be flavoured with spices of your choice. Sprouting time depends on the temperature of the place and quality of seeds. Some seeds tend to sprout very easily and some will take more time. Some may not sprout if they are treated or seeds are very old or they have used chemicals for storing seeds. Sprouted moong bean raita
Mung Bean Sprouts DIY Moong Bean sprouting
- 1 Cup Moong Beans (Green beans )
- Clean moong beans and remove any stones or any dirt.
- Rinse beans in lukewarm water 2-3 times. Lukewarm water not hot water or not cold water.
- After rinsing soak mung beans in water overnight. Add 3 times the water of mung beans.
- After 8-10 hours moong beans wll swell and double in size.
- You may see small sprouts.
- Drain all the water from moong beans. We need moisture but not water.
- Keep the moong beans in a strainer or in closed airtight container or tied in muslin cloth. You can use any method which suits you.
- Keep it in warm place covered.
- Check after every 8 hours and sprinkel water if beans are dry.
- Beans need moisture and warm temperature to sprout.
- You can grow as big sprouts as you want depending on the recipe.
- I like small sprouts for some recipe, medium for some and long ones for some.