Mung beans produce edible crisp and nutty tasting sprouts. Mung bean sprouts are low in calories, have fiber and B vitamins, C and K, Iron and Folate
Water for soaking
- Clean and rinse beans in water.
- Soak in water for half cup beans take about 2-3 cups of water.
- Soak and keep it covered in warm place for 8-10 hours.
- Beans will absorb the water and start the living process.
- After 8-10 hours drain the water using strainer and tie beans in a muslin cloth.
- Keep it in a warm place for another 8-10 hours.
If you want longer sprouts keep it for a long time. You can check in between to see if beans are dried up. Sprinkle few drops of water to make them moist.
You can use it for stir-frying, salads, on sandwiches, vegetables, rice, noodles, etc.