Granola requires just a handful of ingredients: oats, cinnamon, a sweetener, and nuts or dried fruits of your choice. Once you master the basic recipe of healthy granola mix, you can make it the way you like it.
This recipe is a very basic granola mix that will teach you the basics of cooking oats and just a few additions so you end up with a simple healthy granola mix to eat by the handful or in a bowl with yogurt or milk of your choice. You can customize batches with each family members likings.
Storing and Serving Granola For the longer shelf life, completely cool the granola on the pan before transferring to a storage container. When stored in an airtight container, this granola will keep for up to a month. Eat it like cereal with milk or sprinkle over yogurt for a simple breakfast you can take anywhere. Try this recipe straight up or tweak it slightly using different sweeteners, seasonings , or addding the nuts or fruit for your choice. You can also add chocolate chunks.
How to make stove top granola from instant oats
- 2 Cups Oats (ओट्स)
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Almonds (बादाम)
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts (अखरोट)
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds (कद्दू के बीज)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder (दालचीनी)
- 1/4 Cup 1/4 Cup Jaggery (गुड़)
- 2 tbsp Raisins (किशमिश)
- pinch Salt
- Take a pan, I have taken cast iron which retains heat as you go.
- Add oats to the pan and roast for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Add nuts of your choice (almonds, walnuts, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, pistachios)
- Roast for another 2-3 minutes LOW flame.
- When oats are crunchy add cinnamon powder.
- Mix well and add sweetners of your choice.
- I am adding grated jaggery. You can use palm sugar, maple syrup, coconut sugar.
- Mix well. Jaggery will melt and some oats will form clusters.
- Roast for another 2 mniutes until jaggery melts.
- Add raisins or dry fruits of your choice after putting off the gas stove.
- Mix well. Cool down completely and store in an air tight container.