A simple roasted munching snacks from the tasty cashew nuts or kaju, ideal for evening snacks or a side dish to your meal. Cashews are roasted in ghee or coconut oil which makes them crunchy. Spicy and crunchy cashews are quick to make and salty kajus can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 weeks. There are multiple ways the cashews can be roasted and served as snack
It can be honey roasted, black pepper roasted, rosemary roasted, sugar syrup roasted and sweet & spicy roasted. Kajus are also roasted and dipped in strawberry syrup, choclate syrup. Cashews are also dipped in chickpea flour and deep fried but cashews can also be oven roasted without any oil to make it complete healthy snack.Jump to Recipe
Salty spicy cashew kaju
- 2 tsp Ghee or oil (घी, तेल)
- 1 Cup Cashews (काजू)
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder (लाल मिर्च)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder (काली मिर्च पाउडर)
- 1/2 tsp Pink Salt (सेंदा नमक)
- 1/4 tsp Salt (नमक)
- 1/2 tsp Dry mango powder (आमचूर पावडर)
- Take ghee or oil in a pan. LOW flame
- Add cashews to the pan.
- Roast on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Take out cashews ffrom the pan and add red chilli powder, black pepper powder, salt, pink salt, dry mango powder.
- Mix well.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Use fresh cashew for more crunchy masala kaju.
- Additionally, instead of Ghee you can also use oil. however Ghee adds more flavour.
- Roast cashews kaju on low flame to avid burning.
- When applying spices make sure you apply it right away after taking out from the pan.
- Store masala kaju / spicy masala cashew in airtight container for a month when cooled completely.