How to make Coriander seeds (Daniya seeds) powder at home
coriander seeds are an excellent source of minerals like iron, copper, calcium, potassium, manganese, zinc and magnesium. It is very beneficial to health.
1/2 cup Coriander seeds (Daniya seeds)
- Clean the coriander/daniya seeds for any husk.
- Dry roast in a pan over low flame until you get a nice aroma and they start turning light brown in color by stirring it occasionally.
- Make sure you keep stirring otherwise they will turn black which will give bitter taste to the coriander powder.
- Spread on a plate and let it cool for few minutes to avoid moisture in the powder
- Grind roasted coriander/daniya seeds into a powder in mixer or spice grinder.
- Allow it to cool for some time and store it in an air tight glass container.
- You can use dhaniya powder in vegetables, rice, sauce, curry etc.