Quinoa is healthy with proteins and essential amino acids. You can make pulao, upma, stir fry, salads using quinoa. But cooking quinoa can be tricky.
I am sharing few tips to cook perfect quinoa.
1 cup quinoa
1 tsp oil
2 cups of water to broth
How to cook perfect fluffy quinoa
- Make sure quinoa is clean.
- Rinse quinoa 2-3 times and soak for 5-10 minutes to remove bitterness and plant chemical saponin.
- Saponin gives bitter taste to quinoa and can be irritating to digestive system.
- Drain all the water and keep it in the strainer to remove any excess water.
- Heart a saucepan to medium heat. Add 1 tsp of oil , add quinoa and toast for 1-2 minutes.
- Once you hear the popping sound, add water or broth.
- Bring to a simmer and then reduce the flame to low. Cover and cook for between 15-20 minutes or until all liquid evopartes. Remove from heat and let sit covered for an additional five minutes. Fluff and add to your favorite dishes.
*If you are going to be storing in the refrigerator, allow to cool before transferring to a storage container.
* You can add salt, black pepper, turmeric while cooking quinoa.