Fresh turmeric and ginger has unique flavour and aroma which enhances the flavour, color and nutritional value of any recipe. Turmeric and ginger has medicinal properties. You can use turmeric na dginger in tea, pickles, curry. Cough and cold turmeric ginger Tea, Turmeric Ginger Sweet Sour Pickle, Turmeric Bombs for digestion
Turmeric has active compound curcumin have many scientifically-proven health benefits. it helps to prevent heart disease, Alzheimer’s and cancer. It’s a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant and may also help improve symptoms of depression and arthritis . Turmeric powder is easily available
Ginger has many medicinal properties. It has been used to help digestion, reduce nausea and help fight the flu and common cold, to name a few. It can act as anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger can be used to make curry, dessert, cough drops, tea. Dry ginger powder can also be used in tea, sweets. Dry Fruits dessert with ginger flavour , Pomegranate, walnut salad with gunger juice , Mint Ginger Lemonade
Store turmeric and ginger
- Fresh Turmeric Roots (हल्दी)
- Fresh Ginger Roots (अदरक)
- Lemon Juice (नींबू का रस)
- Soak ginger and turmeric in water for 30 minutes to loosen the dirt
- Rinse with water 2-3 times to loosen all dirt and any dead skin.
- Use spoon or vegetable peeler to peel off the skin. I like to use spoon as it can reach the corners of ginger and skin peeled is very thin so less wastage of turmeric and ginger.
- Freezing roots before grating makes it easier to grate turmeric and ginger roots.
- You can dry it on paper towel for longer saving time
- You can also roughly chop into pieces.
- Blend turmeric and ginger together or separatly using lemon juice.
- You can freeze the paste or freeze into ice cubes and store in an airtight container