Excessive usage of chemicals on the hair in forms of hair dyes, hair sprays, gels and creams are harmful for the hair. Dandruff can be caused by dry scalp, medical problem, use of harsh chemicals, etc. Following are home remedies to prevent dandruff.
- Apply henna on the scalp. It can be prepared by mixing curds, 1 tsp of lemon juice and some tea water in the henna. You can also add eggs.
- Soak fenugreek seeds in the water overnight, make a paste of it in the morning and apply it on the hair with curd. Leave this mixture on head for at least half an hour. It helps in getting rid of the dandruff.
- In hot coconut oil, squeeze one lemon juice and two cubes of menthol. Massage it into your hair and scalp, it reduces the dandruff and adds shine to the hair.
- Water of boiled neem leaves too helps in getting rid from the dandruff.
- Always wash your comb, hairbrush and towel with medicated solution in hot water when you have dandruff and never share them with others. Clean your pillow cover everyday, get it changed everyday or put a towel on it to cover it while sleeping. Otherwise you will spread dandruff to all your family members.
- Tea tree oil and rosemary oil are very helpful in reducing dandruff. You can add few drops of them into your massage oil and apply this mixture on your head; it will reduce your problem of dandruff.
- Always brush your hair properly and tie when they are completely dry. If we tie wet hair, the moister and sweat left inside if doesn’t dry can give problems such as lice and dandruff.