Turmeric is the golden yellow spice used in Indian kitchen for cooking and beauty treatment. Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anticancer properties of turmeric make it worth to include in your diet.
Turmeric milk is an infusion of either dry turmeric powder or fresh turmeric root (rhizome) in milk.
- Turmeric milk is an excellent tonic to improve your immune system against many diseases. A cup of turmeric milk in the morning or just before bedtime at night will build your immune system.
- Turmeric helps to purify blood which helps to make your skin clean and remove skin issues related to impurities in blood.
- A cup of warm turmeric milk can ease headaches whether it is due to sinus congestion or stress.
- Anti-inflammatory effect of turmeric can ease arthritis pain, but if you don’t like then prepare turmeric milk with coconut milk or almond milk.
- Drinking warm milk at bedtime is a well-known remedy for sleepless nights. Adding pinch of nutmeg powder will induce sleep.
1 cup Milk (whole Milk, Almond Milk, coconut milk, etc)
1 tsp turmeric powder or 1 medium size turmeric root
Cardamom 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon Stick or 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
2 strands of saffron
pinch of nutmeg
Sweeteners of your choice like sugar, honey, dates
Soak turmeric in water for 5-6 minutes and peel off the skin.
Grate the turmeric
Take 1 cup milk and keep on low medium heat.
Add Grated turmeric or 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
Add cinnamon stick or 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder .
You can also add 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder, ginger powder(juice), saffron (optional)
Let it simmer on low medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
Add Sweeteners of your choice.