Gluten free spicy vegan eggplant is tasty and quick to make. It can be served as an appetizer or as a side dish with rice and dal. Eggplants are rich in fiber and antioxidants. In addition, eggplants are a source of phenolic compounds that act as antioxidants.
Gluten free vegan eggplant aubergine
- 1 medium Eggplant (बैंगन)
- 1 ½ tsp Cumin Powder (जीरा पाउडर)
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriander powder (धनिया पाउडर)
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder (लाल मिर्च)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder (हल्दी पाउडर)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice (नींबू कारस)
- 1/4 cup Rice flour (चावल का आटा)
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds (तिल)
- 2-3 tbsp Oil (तेल)
- Clean eggplant and cut both the ends. Cut into medium slices vertically.
- Rub Salt on each eggplant slices.
- Mix Cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric and lemon juice. Mix well to make a paste. Add 1 tsp of water if required to make a paste. Apply Spice mix to the slices. and keep aside for 5 minutes to marinate.
- Mix rice flour and sesame seeds and coat Eggplant slices with rice flour and sesame seeds. Mositure from eggplant will help rice flour to stick to eggplant slices.
- Add oil to the pan, medium heat. When it is hot , Put eggplant slices on hot pan
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. flip and cook on both the sides.
- Serve as an appetizer or in sandwich, or side dish with rice and curry.