Fresh Turmeric, ginger tea is immune booster, anti inflammatory. Perfect Morning drink with freshness of basil and mint. I like to sip on turmeric tea first thing in the morning or after heavy meals.
Cinnamon has powerful medicinal properties. It helps to control blood sugar. It has Antioxidants , Anti-Inflammatory Properties . It can be used in tea, curry. Cinnamon is used as a whole and also in the powder form. The taste is little bit spicy but aroma of cinnamon is very relaxing. Tea for cough and cold
Ginger has many medicinal properties. It has been used to help digestion, reduce nausea and help fight the flu and common cold, to name a few. It can act as anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger can be used to make curry, dessert, cough drops, tea. Dry ginger powder can also be used in tea, sweets. How to clean and store ginger roots
Turmeric has active compound curcumin have many scientifically-proven health benefits. it helps to prevent heart disease, Alzheimer’s and cancer. It’s a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant and may also help improve symptoms of depression and arthritis . Turmeric powder is easily available. Fresh turmeric roots are also used in many recipes. Turmeric Ginger sweet and sour pickel
Black Pepper is spicy in taste and has many medicianl properties. It has anti-oxidant, anti inflammatory properties. It has cancer fighting properties. It helps to cure cough and cold. It helps to loosen the mucous.
Fresh Turmeric root tea
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Turmeric (हल्दी) Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Ginger (अदरक) Chopped
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (दालचीनी)
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper powder (काली मिर्च पाउडर)
- Basil (तुलसी ) roughly chopped
- Mint Leaves (पुदीना) roughly chopped
- Lemon Juice ((नींबू का रस)
- Soak ginger and turmeric in water for 30 minutes to loosen the dirt.
- Rinse with water 2-3 times to loosen all dirt and any dead skin.
- Use spoon or vegetable peeler to peel off the skin. I like to use spoon as it can reach the corners of ginger and skin peeled is very thin so less wastage of turmeric and ginger.
- Chop Turmeric and ginger roughly.
- Blend turmeric and ginger, cinnamon, black pepper together or separatly using lemon juice.
- You can freeze the paste or freeze into ice cubes and store in an airtight container.
- Take 2 glasses of Water.
- Add 1 tsp of turmeric ginger paste.
- Allow to boil and add chopped basil and mint leaves.
- Put off the gas stove. Cover the saucepan and let it stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes before serving