Lactation friendly fenugreek rice which is called as methyachi pez, methi kaji is made with coconut, Jaggery, Ginger. It helps the milk production and also said to relieve the body pain and aches. It is made during rainy season and winter season to relieve body aches, pains and provide warmth to the body.
Fenugreek Rice coconut Milk pudding
- 1/4 Cup Rice
- 2 tsp Fenugreek Seeds Methi
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1/4 Cup Jaggery or coconut Sugar, or Palm Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup Cup Coconut Milk
- Clean rice and fenugreek seeds. Rinse with water 2-3 times and soak in water separately for 1 hour. Soaking is optional to reduce the cooking time.
- Cook fenugreek seeds and rice with salt. It should be soft. You can pressure cook rice and fenugreek seeds also.
- Once rice is cooked add ginger and Jaggery, or coconut sugar or palm sugar of your choice.
- You can add Ginger Juice instead of crushed ginger.
- Once Jaggery melts with rice, add coconut milk, cardamom powder and bring to boil.
- Serve warm and enjoy the taste and medical benefits.