Crispy spicy eggplant with chickpea flour and spices makes it perfect side dish or starter. Crunchy spicy eggplant can be served with rice and curry. It does not require much prep time so can be done at the last minute. Dry spice mix can be premade for quicker cooking.
Brinjal/ Eggplant/ aubergine. It is purple from outside with spongy absorbent texture. This vegetable provides manganese (10% of your daily intake), and small amounts of potassium, vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin B6, niacin, copper, and magnesium. It can be used in curry, stir fry, rice, shallow fried strips, etc.
Spicy Crispy Baingan Egpplant, Brinjal
- 1 medium size eggplant (बैंगन)
- 1/4 Cup Chickpea flour (बेसन)
- 1 tbsp Rice flour (चावल का आटा)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder (हल्दी पाउडर)
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder (जीरा पाउडर)
- 1 tsp Coriander powder (धनिया पाउडर)
- 1-2 tsp Red Chilli (लाल मिर्च)
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds (तिल)
- Oil (तेल)
- Salt (नमक)
- Clean Eggplant and cut into slices. Not too thick and not too thin.
- Add salt to the wayer and dip slices into salt water for 10 minutes.
- Take Chickpea flour, rice flour, salt, cumin powder, corainder powder, red chilli powder, sesame seeds and mix well.
- Take out eggplant slices on the plate and apply some salt to the slices.
- Dip into dry spice mix and coat on each side. Coat all the slices with spice mix.
- Add oil to the pan and arrange eggplant slices on the pan.
- Fry on each side for 3-4 minutes or until cooked and crisp.
- Serve as a starter or with rice and curyy.