Protein rich healthy chickpea hummus can be treat for lunch or dinner. It can be served with chips, pita bread or if you are following healthy lifestyle. Cut vegetables like bell pepper, zucchini, celery, etc into strips. Healthy meal is ready within few minutes. You can use dry chickpeas or from the can.
Chickpea Hummus काबुली चना हम्मस
- 1 Cup Cooked Chickpeas (काबुली चना) Soak chickpeas for 6-7 hours
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (जीरा)
- 1/2 tsp Coriander seeds (धनिया)
- 2-3 Jalapeno Pepper (मिर्चो)
- 2 tsp Ginger (अदरक) Roughly chopped
- handful Cilantro Leaves (धनिया)
- 1 small Lemon (नींबू)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil (जैतून का तेल)
- Red Pepper (लाल मिर्च)
- Salt (नमक)
- Soak Chickpeas in water for 4-6 hours.
- Cook Chickpeas with water and salt. (Pressure cook chickpeas for 3 whistles).
- Dry roast cumin seeds and corainder seeds.
- Combine all the ingredients in the blender. Combine chickpeas, olive oil, cilantro, green pepppers, corainder seeds, cumin seeds, ginger.
- Blend hummus until smooth for 5 minutes using pulse. Add chickpea reserve if needed while blending.
- Taste and add more of any of the spices to taste. If your hummus is stiffer than you would like then, blend 2 to 3 tablespoons of the reserved chickpea liquid to thin it out and make the hummus creamier.
- Scrape the hummus into a bowl and serve with pita chips or raw vegetables.
- You can store this in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week.