Chana dal chickpea usali is authentic konkan recipe is diabetic friendly, very simple, lightly spiced and seasoned with coconut tastes yummy. It can be served withroti, rice and also in konkan area it is served during breakfast or evening snack.
Chana dal is good source proteins for the day. Chana dal is Heart and diabetic friendly, also rich in fiber. When making Chana dal usli makes sure chana dal is not overcooked and it is not mushy. Cooking chana dal to perfection is the key to this recipe. It is made with very few ingredients and seasoned with fresh coconut.
You can also try
Split Chickpea chana dal sabzi
- 1/2 Cup Chana Dal (चना दाल)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder (हल्दी पाउडर)
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds (राई)
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Asafoetida (हिंग)
- 2 Green Chillies (हरी मिर्च)
- 5-6 Curry Leaves (कढीपत्ता)
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp Grated Coconut (नारियल)
- 1 tsp Oil (तेल)
- Salt (नमक)
- Clean and rinse split chickpea chana dal in water 2-3 times.
- Soak chana dal split chickpea in water for 1 hour.
- Discard the water, add salt, turmeric and fresh water.
- Cook chana dal split chickpea until it is cooked perfectly but not mushy. Chana dall should remain whole then the taste is authentic.
- Take oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds.
- Once mustard seeds splutter add asafoetida, split green chillies, curry leaves.
- Add cooked chickpeas along with little water. If you have lots of water from cooked chickpeas you can use it in soups.
- Mix well, add fresh grated coconut.
- Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Until all the water evoparates.
- Serve with roti, rice or just by itself. It is tasty, yummy and healthy.