Broccoli is loaded with vitamin K, folate and healthy vegetable. Carrots are loaded with vitamin A. Cheese, brown rice broth and milk adds more nutrients. This is healthy meal for kids.
Check how to make brown rice broth here.
- 2 cups broccoli florets chopped small
- 1 cup of carrot grated
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 1 ½ cups Brown rice broth/Vegetable Broth
- 2 cups coarsely grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 spoon nutmeg
- Chop 2 cups of broccoli florets into bite size pieces.
- Keep the pan on low heat and add 2 tbsp. unsalted butter.
- Add Broccoli florets and grated carrots.
- Stir for 2 minutes and add 1 cup Whole milk.
- Take 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour, add brown rice broth or vegetable broth.
- Stir to make sure there are no lumps.
- Add all purpose flour paste to the pan and stir continuously to avoid lumps.
- Add 1 1/2 -2 cups of brown rice broth and stir.
- Add seasoning nutmeg, black pepper and salt to taste.
- Let it simmer for 20-25 minutes on low heat until all purpose flour aroma is released.
- Add grated cheese.
- Serve garnished with grated cheddar cheese.
- You can serve the soup with bread.