Healthy soup for kids This is basic recipe of beet, carrot and tomato soup. You can add salt, pepper as per your childs age. Adjust the consistency as per childs age. Garlic helps to release gas and ease digestion. I have not chopped garlic so you can remove garlic before serving. If your child is used to eating garlic then add chopped garlic.
Beetroot are rich in fiber, iron,manganese, folate, etc. Select firm and good quality beets for soup. Clean them nicely before using as beets are grown underground and tend to carry dirt. Clean the beet root, peel off the skin and chop into cubes. For 6+ month you can serve beet puree.
Carrots are crunchy root vegetables. It is crunchy, tasty and highly nutritious. Carrots are a particularly good source of beta-carotene, fiber, vitamin K, potassium and antioxidant
Tomatoes are a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K. sually red when mature, tomatoes can also come in a variety of colors, including yellow, orange, green, and purple
Beet Carrot tomato Soup
- 1/4 Cup Beetroot (चुकंदर) Cleaned, peel off the skin and chop into cubes
- 1/4 Cup carrots (गाजर) Chopped
- 1/2 Cup tomatoes (टमाटर) chopped
- 1 tsp butter (मक्खन)
- 1 garlic clove (लहसुन)
- salt (नमक) As per Taste
- Black Pepper Powder (काली मिर्च पाउडर) As per Childs age
- Clean all the vegetables with clean water.
- Peel beet root skin. Chop all the vegetables.
- Boil Water and all the vegetables tothe boiling water.
- Add beetroot and carrot and let it cook for 5 minutes. (I don’t like to overcook vegetables so I am following order as per vegetables cook time)
- Add tomatoes and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can cook all vegetables in the pressure cooker for 2 whistles.
- Allow the cooked vegetables to cool down before blending.
- Blend to a smooth puree (Add water if needed)
- Take a pan, add butter. When butter melts add clove of garlic.
- Pour the beet, carrot tomato puree to the pan
- Bring the soup to boil. Add salt and pepper as per your child’s age and taste buds.