Baked Kale Chips
- 1 large bunch fresh kale, tough stems removed, leaves torn into pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat to 400 °F.
- Wash kale with cold water, remove tough stems.
- Pat it dry thoroughly with a clean kitchen towel.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Drizzle the kale with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Using your hands, massage the oil and salt onto the kale leaves to evenly coat.
- Fill 2 large rimmed baking sheets with a layer of kale, making sure the leaves don’t overlap and they are not overcrowded. This will bake kale evenly.
- Bake until most leaves are crisp, switching the pans back to front and top to bottom halfway through.
- After 7 to 8 minutes start checking if they are done as kale burns very easily and gives bitter flavour.